Thursday, February 19, 2009

Where do I start??

You would think by now I would never, ever say to myself this can't get worse. When Kyle spiked a fever on Sunday I assumed that he had the virus that Alex had on Thursday and Friday. When he started with symptoms similar to the stomach flu we assumed that he had that virus but because his bowels are not working right anyway I again..(my bad) assumed that this is how the virus was coming out. I never thought that both Alex and Jack would get the stomach flu and fever also...never even crossed my mind. Until last night when Jack spiked a fever and Alex crawled into my bed this morning complaining of a belly ache. To say the you know what has hit the fan would be an understatement. Poor Alex, in one week two different illnesses both bad. She's so weak. My bath tub is working in overdrive. As for Kyle, we are now battling blood sugar issues, he gets hypoglycemic...he has dumping syndrome from all the stomach surgeries he has had and the pedialyte is not cutting it. So basically this am I've had to start pushing his food again, he's now mixed half and half peptamen junior and his pedialyte...he'll have to stay on the feeds until we get him back up to full feeds...his poor bowels have just had it. If we can't maintain this we'll be off to the hospital. His Dr is amazing and knows we can handle alot here so she's put it my hands when to make that call...

Sooo in a nut shell...it's pretty tense around here...but we are all here in this house and that in itself is a blessing.


xoxox
Kate

12 comments:

Denise said...

Bleh! You, my dear, need a vacation. Somewhere tropical...with big fruity drinks and tiny little umbrellas. :)

I can arrange it, you know. So long as you take me with!

XOXO
Denise

Hope everyone in your house is on the mend soon.

Aileigh said...

I agree with Denise! :) I am so sorry my dear! I hope things look up soon for you guys! Hang in there!

Hugs and Love,
Aimee

Kelly said...

Peep,

xoxoxoxo

Your Peep

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Did it brighten your night to know that we'll be there to squeeze you all in July? I so can't wait.

But until then, I sure hope y'all bounce back soon. I hate it for you. I hate it for the kids...each one of them.

XOXO
Jac

Shari said...

I so hope you can catch a break sometime. I pray for your family regularly. Hang in there and I hate you constantly have to worry and be so vigilant you can't even relax or sleep.

Anonymous said...

As always, let me know if you need anything! I'm sending healthy wishes your way.

Hugs and more hugs!!

Robin said...

Oh Sweetie, you do deserve a break! I hope everyone rebounds quickly!

Love ya,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visitng Phoenix's blog.
Your kids are beautiful I pope Kyle is feeling better soon, tell him Phenny sends big hugs.
Also thank you for ordering the bears, I know Phoenix has found a lot of comfort from his. Everytime we go to the doctor it comes along with us.
Hugs!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh man, K. *hugs*

Sending up some prayers for you all.

xoxoxo

-Darcy

Lauren said...

Oh Kate... I'm so sorry the sickies are making their way through your home again.

Thinking of you and the kiddos,
Lauren

littlewonders said...

I sure am thinking of you ALL! My goodness, you all need a vacation.

Sha

Lauren said...

Just wanted you to know you guys are in my thoughts today. I hope today was a healthier day for everyone.

Hugs,
Lauren