Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kyle


What a day...I find myself again at a loss for words. I wonder sometimes where the strength comes from. How he picks himself up everyday and no matter how tough our night was he soars above it... I have to say I was worried, at 4 am this morning as I held the bucket to his face I thought...there is no way he's going to be able to get on that bus. But he woke up with a smile and literally jumped out of bed. It wasn't the smoothest morning...Kyle of course struggled to the point of I was silently praying (yes..me praying) that he could just get on the bus and make it to school without vomiting! He did! I got lucky and was invited into his class to talk about Kyle...it was so neat to be able to see the kids in his class and answer their questions!


He only made it 2 hours today....it was brutally hot and that's a bad thing for him. But he's still glowing, still talking about how awesome his teacher is, and keeps asking when he can go back!! Thanks Nurse Merydeth for making all this possible....thanks for helping me let go just a little and thanks for loving Kyle.
We are not having much success with his feeds, trying a new formula tomorrow...really hoping we see a difference. For now though the hope is still alive.
XO
Kate


7 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy First Day of School Kyle!!!!

You're looking totally stylin' in the picture!

Kate- So proud for your entire family today. Amazing. Just amazing.

xoxox,
Lauren

Heidi said...

Awww, Im lovin this photo! What a precious picture, Im so happy he was able to go even for 2 hours. Praying the new formula helps. Weve had the best success with Elecare for Jack, although I know our kids are so different! Thinking about you and your family always-hugs to your little man, Im so PROUD of him! (and you too!)
Heidi & Jack.

Amy said...

Fab pic!

And so glad he made it in on his first day xoxo

The Phamily Matriarch said...

<3

Sarah said...

I am so happy that Kyle got to go to school today!

I noticed in his most recent pics that Kyle has not been on his oxygen. is this a new stepping stone? if so, awesome!

Hopefully more days will come for Kyle to be able to be in school. Thanks for the update and the picture! Love it!

Missy said...

What a great day for Kyle! Such an amazing little guy!

Leigh, Tucker's Mom said...

Wow, what a great pic and what a great day for Kyle.
I am so glad that he got to go for even 2 hours, I am so amazed by his strength and his attitude.