Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh What a Christmas.


Well, it certainly didn't go the way I had hoped...but in the end that was ok. Alex continued to get worse and actually ended up with pneumonia, it has been a very long week for her. She's finally on the mend and is starting to get itchy to play with friends and go outside! Jack's been great! Still coughing but buggers through it amazingly well! Kyle on the other hand...this poor kid..has not had an easy week. When Kyle gets sick it gets so much more complicated, he can't take cold meds or cough medicine. We have to watch his respiratory rate, heart rate, body temp, retractions, signs of any amount of distress can put his life in danger. Thank god for Kyle's pulmonary dr who was on call last week and this weekend, he trusts me completely and pretty much lets me make the calls on how to treat him, at times this is good for us and others it's hard. There are moments where I have this overwhelming feeling that this is all to much...I'm not a dr or a nurse, just a Mom...last night was pretty rough for Kyle, major bloody nose which actually made me pretty nervous, lots of breathing treatments. This afternoon he seems to have a little pep back in his step so I'm praying hard that we can move past this quickly. I'm dreading the new year, and I hate that. The countdown to Pittsburgh has begun and I'm feeling panicky about it. We've started to really talk to Kyle and Alex about it...not sure how much everyone is absorbing but it's a start. I need to start making plans on how to even get Kyle there, the oxygen is a problem on the commercial airlines along with all the germs so we are looking into a few options.

My grandfather is HOME, which was amazing. He's doing ok, tired but I think he's also recovering!


It wasn't the Christmas I had hoped for, but we were all here in the same house and that in itself was amazing.


xoxox

K

4 comments:

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Oh Kate! I'm so sorry that Christmas didn't go as planned or as you had hoped for.

Thank goodness the Alex is on the mend and Jack is hanging in there. I hope for no more bloody nose for Kyle. That must have been scary for you both.

Though this new year will bring lots of changes to you all, I pray that it brings loads of more comfort and answers as well. I truly pray for less pain for Kyle every day. That sweet face is in my thoughts all the time.

I hope you are on the mend as well. Glad to hear your grandfather is home and doing ok.

Love ya oodles,
Jac

Shari said...

I am glad Alex is healing and Jack, too. I continuously pray for Kyle. I know you have so many emotions and things going through your mind daily. I am praying for his upcoming Pittsburgh stay and for the whole family as well. I am so happy Grandpa is home and healing. Take care and blessings to you!

Aileigh said...

I am glad things are getting better. You are an amazing momma! I hope you are able to find a little peace in the upcoming Pitt stay. I can only imagine how nervous you must be. Hang in there! All will work out. You guys are in my thoughts all the time!

Hugs and Love,
Aileigh

littlewonders said...

Kate, I am so sorry Alex got worse, poor thing! Sure am thinking of you all!

Hey, my blog title changed. Now it is www.mytwolittlewonders.blogspot.com

Shonda