Friday, January 2, 2009

"you have the sweetest little boy"


Mmmm, yup...Kyle...he is the sweetest. Last week we had to have Kyle's yearly evaluations for OT, PT, and speech. You can't spend the first 9 months of you life in the NICU and then an additional 9 months in and out of the hospital and not be delayed...we had no idea what Kyle's delays would fully be. So many prepared us to expect major delays. Fine motor, speech, gross motor...all of it. I felt like I've been holding my breath for 4 years...waiting, I've been prepared for his medical side, I could read, I could listen, I could prepare. But we didn't know what all the medications, lack of oxygen, multiple surgery's would do to his brain. I find that these evaluations totally stress me out, I get so nervous for their tests and paperwork. The thing is, that I don't care really what his delays are, he's a miracle to me, but sometimes to see things in black and white really can make for a hard read. He did so great during the evaluation, he was still sick and on steroids but he was sweet, and attentive and smart...oh so smart! I think I cried at least three different times. The paperwork came and it wasn't wonderful, there are some delays mainly in fine motor but everything else was way beyond what I could have hoped for...as one of the therapists was getting ready to leave she was the one to say..."you have one of the sweetest little boys" She is so right on!!


xo
K

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Kate-

Your one of the sweetest women I've ever met it's not a far stretch for me to imagine what a wonderful and sweet boy your lil' Kyle is (and all your kiddos for that matter!). I can just imagine how Kyle must light up a room!

Hugs,
Lauren

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Big takes after his mother for sure. I just adore you and your kiddos. Sweetness all around.

I'm so glad this evaluation went well. We all know how smart he is already. :)

XOXO,
Jac

Robin said...

Kyle is the sweetest little boy, he takes after his Mommy. I am glad the evaluation went well.

littlewonders said...

Well, I could have told you that! Of course he just the sweetest thing ever......he gets it from his mama!

Shari said...

I agree! He is the sweetest little boy! Cute, too!