Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Childrens and Thomas


I'm going to try not to let this be a downer blog...I hate when I let myself get in this mind frame. Yesterday morning I took Kyle off to the hospital for some pre-testing before we go in patient next week in Boston. It was a disaster, complete disaster. Basically we needed to insert barium through his g-tube and take a series of pictures as it traveled down his intestines into his colon. It took about 45 minutes. I can tell you I knew it was going to be bad when we got to the waiting room and they wanted him to put a gown on...yah right...so not happening, he took one look at it and freaked out. That is when the crying started and it didn't stop until an hour later when he was released from the 4 people holding him down for the test. If that is a how next week is going to go I'm not ready for that. I can tell you that I stood by his head holding his blankie to his face and the look on his face was complete terror (he has had this test done 50 times since birth) I just can't stomach this, I'm so tired of subjecting him to all this, again I know he needs all this in my brain but the rest of me is slowly losing it's grip.


I got a call from Children's on Friday telling me that we needed to have Kyle meet with the anesthesiology group before his work up next week...ok, they scheduled it for Friday morning at 7 am....we are 2 hours from Boston. Not only that but Thursday night we have tickets to see Thomas Live in New Hampshire. We wouldn't be home from that until at least 9:30..so this is presenting a scheduling nightmare! I tried to reason with the receptionist on the phone yesterday basically begging her for a different time...anything...and she wouldn't even listen to me..I'll admit I cried...big baby that I am lately. The one thing Kyle loves is Thomas, it's gotten us through more things than I can recount. I just feel like it's overshadowed now....


Also...Jack's pre-school teacher had a beautiful baby girl last week...yesterday she was admitted back to the hospital with chest pains, she had suffered a heart attack and was in surgery all day yesterday...please say an extra prayer for Panda (that's what Jack calls her) she was so excited for this baby..she should be enjoying her right now...


xoxo

K
The picture is from when we went to see Thomas in NH last summer, he was so serious about it... :)

6 comments:

Aileigh said...

Oh dear... How heartbreaking! Seriously. I hope it all works out. That kid has been through so much. People should be a little more compassionate about it. I hope it all works out and he gets to see Thomas. Hang in there sweetie! I am here if you need me!

Love and big hugs to you and Kyle!
Aimee

Kelly said...

That receptionist is downright cold-hearted. I agree with Aileigh, people should be more compassionate. They know you live two hours away. ugh, I'm so sorry Peep.

Hold your head high Peep, I know its tough and your doing what needs to be done, it still doesn't make it any easier.

xoxoxox,

Kelly

Lauren said...

Oh Kate I am so sorry. My heart aches with you to have to watch Kyle endure so much.

Sending lots of love to you,
Lauren

"Panda" is in my thoughts.

littlewonders said...

I think I would have cried too...and maybe yelled at the receptionist, just for good measure.

Thinking of you. I hope the kids have a great time at Thomas!!

Sha

littlewonders said...

I think I would have cried too...and maybe yelled at the receptionist, just for good measure.

Thinking of you. I hope the kids have a great time at Thomas!!

Sha

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I would have cried to! And propably yell like another parent said!