Monday, March 30, 2009

Boston..

I copied this post from my March of Dimes blog...super short on time today so if your reading this twice I'm sorry! :)



So after waiting three weeks, numerous phone calls and my anxiety going through the roof we have the dates for Kyle's inpatient testing. It looks like we are a go for April 13th. I feel good about this, scared because of the testing and that some of the testing involves anesthesia but happy that we finally will get some answers..

Friday we took the kids to the movies to see Monsters vs Aliens (for the record it was SUPER cute) I will say that for the most part I am used to the stares Kyle gets...he is 4 with oxygen and a feeding pump and people are I'm sure curious about this..I have to say I'm getting pretty sick of the twins comment...Kyle and Jack are not twins..in fact if you really look at them you can tell by Kyle's face he is older. Whenever we take the kids anywhere together we get at LEAST 5 times "are they twins??" when we say no they always ask who's older, this is then always followed by (IN FRONT OF KYLE) ohhhh he's so small. Kyle can hear...his hearing in fact is perfect and he knows when you are talking about him in front of him. I can see why people may think the boys are twins so I can laugh that off and explain that they are not...but seriously don't say in front of my fighter....wow he's really small....

Sunday morning we were reading the paper and Kyle walked by me, he said...Momma I'm really small right??? grrr....I told him...nope Big your perfect...your a big boy!! This seemed to make him happy and he ran off... Kids hear and see more than we give them credit for...I just wish adults could realize this...

XOO K

5 comments:

Aileigh said...

Honestly, I don't know why adults feel the need to express their opinion about your child after just seconds of observing them. It seems like sometimes I want to just put a sign on my kid saying "Leave him alone, he was premature!" :) Especially when he has a meltdown out in public and you get those ooohhh that's a bad kid stares. Grrrr... I hope that Boston brings some MUCH needed answers! Will be keeping you guys in my thoughts! Much love! Aimee

Unknown said...

XOXO. You are the best. Some people are so insensitive... you're a rockin' awesome mom!! :)

XOXO,
Kara

Unknown said...

XOXO. You are the best. Some people are so insensitive... you're a rockin' awesome mom!! :)

XOXO,
Kara

littlewonders said...

Hehe, I already read your other blog.....but had to come look at the cute pictures of the kids!

Burger

The Phamily Matriarch said...

You would think adults would have some sense and be discrete in front of kids, but they don't. How would a fat person like it if I said, "Wow, you're really fat, huh?"? Stupid, ignorant people just kill me!

Sorry, I had to vent too.

Big is PERFECT and I love him dearly!

Jac