Sunday, October 31, 2010

Exhaustion and heartache

I have heard numerous times people use the quote, having a child is like watching your heart beat outside your body....when you have a child who is scared, in pain and that you could possibly lose...it's so much more then that...it's like your entire body is thrown into trauma..it's like watching you entire life slip between your fingers, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

I don't have time to get into the details...I hope to be able to fill in the gaps soon....but the long story short is that Kyle is sick. On top of his complicated issues he got a massive infection in his gall bladder, one that could have in hours taken him from us. He became very septic and was taken into emergency surgery. There is a whole long story about why they put a drain in instead of taking the gall bladder, to put it simply he was far to sick to open him up...on top of that his anatomy is so screwed up it put him into a dangerous category.

He's off the vent but is struggling, he's on alot of oxygen and working hard to breath...his labs aren't great but are slowly improving, we have a long way to go and this is a major complication to his next surgery.

Please keep praying and love our family....
XO
K

12 comments:

Leigh, Tucker's Mom said...

Oh Kate...
I am so sorry to read the latest update. I know it must be so hard to have your whole heart be with Kyle, and to watch him be in so much pain and so sick...I'm so glad that Shonda was with you last night and that Mark is on his way to be with you.

I am thinking of you guys and praying for you...I don't even know what to pray for, other than healing of the infection....I am sorry that we are so many miles away, if there is anything I can ever do for you, I am here.

Leigh

Heather said...

Praying for your sweet boy.

Sarah said...

We are praying for you guys! Give that sweet boy a hug and tell him Cooper says to keep up the fight!

Love,
Sarah Knight

The Phamily Matriarch said...

xoxo
J

Bethany said...

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you, may he cause His face to shine upon you.

I am praying for Kyle, and for your entire family. I wish there were words to make this situation better, but words fail when it comes to the fight to save a child. Know that there are people who have never met Kyle who are holding him close in prayers and who are sending prayers of peace, comfort, and providence to your entire family.

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you and your family.

Mary said...

As always, Thinking and Praying for the St. Clair Family.

MJ said...

I am praying for Kyle and for you.

Pam and Doug said...

Oh, Kate! So many hearts are breaking for you and your family right now... Kyle is so very strong; I have to believe he will conquer this - and you, too. We all WANT and CAN help - please let us!! Even if it is just to fly out to be with you or to do things for the kids or WHATEVER - we are always here and so wish we were there to hug all of you.

We love you dearly -

Erin said...

Kate, I've been keeping up with your blog and I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope that I have the courage and strength that you have had once my son is born. I know there are a lot of complications ahead for my baby and each time I read your blog I gain a new ounce of strength. I know at times it's hard to feel like you are strong, but you are one of the strongest mommies I've ever read about. I think and pray about you guys often, I wish I was lucky enough to get to meet Kyle...he sounds like an amazing and strong boy. HUGS!!!!

Sharlene said...

(((HUGS)))), prayers, and lots of love to Kyle and all of you! Prayers, prayers, prayers, and more prayers, for Kyle - a real life superhero!! <3

Debbie said...

sorry to hear all of this...

your family is in my prayers.