Monday, October 18, 2010

She's 9....

I swear she knows more then me...seriously. Sometimes she looks at me and I think how can she only be 9, is that possible?! I didn't have any idea 9 years ago when they said....your having a girl how important her birth order would be.
At 9 she can..

Turn oxygen on and put a nasal cannula on her brother
Burp a g tube
hold a puke bucket (this may not seem like a big deal but when your 9 it is..)
disconnect Kyle's g tube from his ferrell bag
give a breathing treatment
take a diaper off
take TPN off an IV pole
untangle numerous lines and tubes
protect...love...and respect her little brother
Say good bye to half her family for who knows how long and only let a few tears slide out....

She is amazing, she loves and hurts just like so many other children...but the level of that love and hurt is so much different.
I worry sometimes if we are doing her right, if we give her enough, if we show her how amazing we know her to be....and then tonight as we skype and I see her sweet face cheer that her brother lost his first tooth tonight, I realize that somewhere, somehow we are doing right by her.

As for Kyle, he goes inpatient tomorrow morning and we start a full day of testing....surgery is still scheduled for Wednesday. Nervous...petrified....it's a very big day for all of us...

XOXO
Kate

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I have been thinkin' of you guys like mad and will continue doing so this week.

There has truly never been a doubt in my heart that you didn't do right by all your sweet kiddos. Never a doubt. In every picture I have ever seen of you guys together the love for one another just leaps out.

Thinking of the entire St. Clair family always-

Lauren

Heidi said...

WOW, Im impressed and yes holding a barf bucket is HUGE when it comes to siblings! My kids dont even want to look his way when Jack holds his.

She is amazing, no doubt because of her wonderful and supportive parents. I often feel the same for my older kids, theyve had to sacrifice over the years too but I take comfort in knowing its certainly help mold who they are today, compassionate little people :) Been thinking about Kyle, praying everything goes smoothly on Wed. BIGGEST hugs and always prayers for your family-
Heidi & Jack.

Tommie said...

She's amazing. Your entire family is amazing.

I'm thinking of you all as you face this.

Much love coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Holding a barf bucket is huge for anyone. It just shows what a wonderful sister she is and what a wonderful daughter you have.

Hides333 said...

Kate, the reason she is amazing is because you are amazing. Don't ever doubt that. :) She clearly has your strength, compassion, and kindness.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to know the strength of a child, but very sad that you find it in this way. Instead of wiping blood from a skinned knee, you find yourself going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you! May Kyle and your other children make it through this.<3

Rickeynrzf said...

This just made Ronnie Dunn look all the more run down. Throttleneck 17. This Land is My Land by Arlo Guthrie

project topic said...




seminar topics
seminar ideas
project topic
projects topics