Tuesday, March 10, 2009

IF I HAD MY CHILD TO RAISE OVER AGAIN

If I had my child to raise all over again, I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later. I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less. I would do less correcting and more connecting. I'd take my eyes off the watch, and watch with my eyes. I'd take more hikes and fly more kites. I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play. I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars. I'd do more hugging and less tugging. Dian Lommas, from "If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again."


Just a little reminder...more to myself than any of you. I thank god for the world of blogs, I've meet my life long best friends on the March of Dimes http://www.shareyourstory.org website...I've found Mom's and Dad's and babies in the world of blogging that can understand me...they understand this life. I've found blogs that have left me sobbing at my computer...I've found blogs that have inspired me, touched me, comforted me.

There are so many parents out there that don't have one more day with their little fighters...no more play time or snuggle time. Today I just felt the need to remind myself that life is much to short.

We head to Boston in two days...it's not going to be easy. Kyle's been sick, he's on steroids and he's pretty grumpy, it will not be good when they start messing with his belly. Please keep my little guy in your thoughts..we need a little peace for him.

XOXO
K

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay Peep, so this made me cry, but it was beautiful.

The whole St. Claire family has been on my mind. Saying lots of prayers.


Love ya Peep,

Kelly

littlewonders said...

I've heard this once before, it gives me goose bumps. I was contemplating taking the kids to a craft store tomorrow for new finger paints......you just sold me!

Burger (did I just put that in writing?!)

Lauren said...

Gosh, that's pretty powerful. I will be thinking of you guys on Thursday.

Hugs,
Lauren

Robin said...

I love that Kate, oh how I wish I could fingerpaint with my little angels.

I will be praying for Kyle and you will be in my thoughts on Thursday.

Love,
Robin