Monday, April 12, 2010

Banging my head against the wall...or chair...or anything in my path

That's how I feel today, I'm feeling the increasing pressure of Kyle's surgery looming and he's still really sick. Back to the Dr today and it's another week of IV steroids and IV antibiotics...back we go to being attached not only 18 hours a day to an IV but 20 plus...so hard on him. Yet I have to keep remembering how grateful I am we are at home doing this...still going strong. Still concerned about his blood, waiting on his labs from today..he's now putting blood out his bile bag at night which is not the best sign...

That's my short update for tonight...I'm off to snuggle with Alex for a bit...

XO
Kate

4 comments:

Lauren said...

::putting pillows in front of all hard surfaces::

Big hugs to you,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I read your blogs...matter of fact I stalk them, but I dont always comment because, truthfully speaking, I really dont know what to say. I just want you to know that I pray for your Kyle (or little soldier as he is known in my house) everyday. I wish with everythng in me that one day his body is healed and he is free to be...

Love and hugs,
Yolonda

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I do the same thing that Yolonda does...stalk your blog! I also don't always comment, I feel like what do I have to offer to you, as far as advice or insight? I just want you to know you are always in my thoughts, we also know Kyle as such a fighter in our house.
I am sorry about the IV hookup for so many hours, that must be miserable for him, and yes I guess you can at least give thanks that you are at home. I know Kyle has had enough hospital stays for a lifetime.

Bang away, I guess! Just don't hurt yourself.

Leigh

Heidi said...

Oh Kate...so sorry Kyle is struggling and needing more IV time. I pray the labs are OK and he can continue to stay home. Just sending you lots of prayers for your sweet and brave boy. There isnt a day I dont think about him, because he just needs those few extra prayers! --love & hugs
Heidi & Jack.