Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trying to find the calm

~When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to drop off into darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen : there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly~

I stole this quote from one of my favorite blogs...it's an amazing blog full of hope and love and the most adorable sweet little girl named Zoey, her Mom...well her Mom is something else. Strong, beautiful, inspires me to keep going.... you can check out Zoey and her Momma here.... http://littlewonders-heather.blogspot.com/


We've had another tough day...Kyle's TPN is now at 20 hours a day plus all the other meds, he was off of his IV for a little over an hour today, pretty tough on a 5 year old. Our GI dr called and we had a long conversation, none of it good.... it left me feeling horribly sad. M is still out of town so I havn't been able to fully fill him in but when I do I will update more on here.

After a long day I was putting Kyle to bed and he says Momma...your the best Mommy ever...ahhh...this is after blood sticks, and TPN and meds that make his belly hurt....this sweet boy has so much love in him, I know that he couldn't possibly understand the timing of telling me that but I will never forget how it made my heart feel to hear it....because I do try to be the best Mommy to him, I'm not always...I get tired, I lose patience....I mess up....but he loves me. Makes the bad day all worth it.

xoxo
K

6 comments:

The Phamily Matriarch said...

He love you oodles...as do Alex and Jack...as do we!

xoxo
J

Anonymous said...

much love. I am having withdrawals from seeing your beautiful sweet children. Merydeth's MOM

Lauren said...

Kate-

You ARE the best mommy! I've never imagined the "best mommy" to be a mommy that never looses their patience or never gets tired... The best mommies in the world loose their patience, get tired, send kids to school with two different colored socks, pants on backwards, and most importantly kiss their little ones to bed with them knowing that they are loved unconditionally. I have no doubt Kyle knows that every minute of every day.

xoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxo times a guzbillion,

Lauren

Heather said...

Are you not the sweetest?

I have been around.Promise.Checking in on you and you precious little guy.Praying and sending healing thoughts and vibes as Kyle continues to find his way.Speaking of finding the way ...

I am over here trying to find it myself.feeling not at all the strong woman you speak of.Searching.Feeling as if I am at a crossroads of sorts.

But enough of me and back to you.YOU are strong and brave and THE best and PERFECT momma to your amazing boy.So tonight I send you love and peace to that heavy,beautiful heart of yours.

Keep flapping those wings ... your doing an incredible job Kate.Really and truly.

MJ said...

I think that you *are* the best mom in the world. I admire your patience and love for your children.

Heidi said...

Awww, how sweet. Those words come at the best times, dont they...always love, hugs & prayers-
Heidi & Jack.