Monday, April 5, 2010

Friends

The last few weeks have been trying, I found myself sick with sick kids and alot of time laying around and do lots of thinking. After a long day today I feel overwhelmed and sad.

I have the most amazing group of friends, god love them. It's not always easy to be my friend...I don't always return emails, or phone calls or text messages. I forget birthdays and anniversaries, I miss engagements and births and sadly deaths.

Yet, they keep coming back...they continue to love me and support me and hold nothing against me.

It wasn't always like this, there used to be so much more time....yet the last few years that time seems to go by so much faster.

So for those of you still hanging in there...thank you...thank you....thank you....this would all be impossible without you.
Love
K

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Kate,
I am so sorry you've been having such a rough time. I can't tell you how many times through reading your posts I wish I could just hop on a plane and use my peds nursing skills to nurse Kyle (and you :) ) back to feeling better. I haven't known you for all that long, but in the time that I have been in contact with you you have been so very sweet and I know why all your friends stick by you because you truly are an amazing friend and mother, even if you can't see it all the time! Sending much love and hugs your way and hoping you and Big get to feeling better quickly!
Stacy

Shari said...

Kate:

I don't know if I am exactly a friend, but a person who truly cares and wants to try and encourage and be empathetic in your situation. It helps me to focus on others so I don't get consumed in my own rut! You have so so much going on and your friends truly understand. In my eyes then they are TRUE friends if they stick by you in all circumstances. They love you and care about your family.

I am praying your family well and hope it is sooner than later.

Much love,

Shari

The Phamily Matriarch said...

XOXO

Lauren said...

Kate,

Oh hush you!! It's me who feels lucky to be your friend!!

xoxo,
Lauren

Weerock said...

I SO *heart* you katestclair.

XOXO

D

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lauren, I feel lucky to know you and to be able to say I've met you and hugged you. I feel lucky to be able to keep up with Kyle and the rest of the Little Saints. You're amazing, even if you don't return calls, emails or remember anniversaries, birthdays, etc.

Love,
Tommie

Anonymous said...

kate, you are so worth it and so are the three little saints and Mark too ! xoxoxo

Merydeth' Mom

girlyhurley said...

Kate- I'm feel blessed to have you in my life! You were there for me when Em was younger and part of my support system. It's one of the stranger things about Share- we never know how others are impacted by our actions or how our actions are impacted others on Share!
You are such a special person- you are an amazing mommy and friend!

Big HUGS!

Lori

Derv :) said...

The fact that you even care enough to write a blog like that is why your friends keep coming back.

Love + patience + understanding = Friendship. Expecations are not part of that equation :) Love ya girl :)