Monday, November 16, 2009

Boston

So we heard from the surgical team at Childrens....looks like we will be spending Thanksgiving in Boston. We will be heading down early next week and have a day of inpatient testing. The next day the team will perform a gastroscopy and get a real good look at his esophagus and stomach. This help them figure out esophagus issue. They will then try to dilate his esophagus a little bit and bring him back out. Because things are so messed up in there he will have to be admitted to ICU for monitoring. Hopefully the next day (depending on what they find) they will perform the hernia repair in his bowel. They are still somewhat unsure of how to fix it this time, the location of the hernia is in a horrible place and located very close to his aorta. Of course right...

So sadly Kyle will have to be opened up twice, from his belly up to his throat. It's going to be a difficult few months. The plan is to let his body rest from the abdominal surgery and then try to fix the esophagus.

That's all for tonight, I feel very lost tonight. Heavy heart....I'm so tired of this for him. We've seen the bowel surgery before....4 times before. So we know what we are in store for. I'll keep you all posted as we get more details.

K

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hoping this is what he needs and goes smoothly. Our family will be praying for you guys in Boston and that the other two do well at home. I'm only a phone call away if you need me.

XOXOXO
Kara

Heather said...

Thinking of you and your heavy heart tonight and sending you and your sweet boy lots of prayers.

Lauren said...

Oh Kate. How I wish there was something anything I could do to ease your heart.

You will be in my thoughts all throughout the holidays,

Lauren

Robin said...

Kate,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Kyle is in my prayers daily. You are such a strong and amazing person. Just know that you have so many people thinking of you and Kyle.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Kate,

There are no words for how much I hurt for you and Kyle and the rest of your family.

I'm so sorry that Kyle has to go through this all AGAIN. It's so unfair, so cruel, to all of you.

I'm praying for Kyle and for you to get through this and have this be IT, the fix, whatever it takes to get him well, and strong and HOME for good.

Much love,

Tommie

Anonymous said...

Kate, you are such a beautiful writer. I can see your heart with your words of love for your dear Mr Big. You know you are in our prayers every day.

Martha

shruti (shraddha) said...

Kate,

I am so sorry for all that your little boy has to go through.
I have been following your blog since 2006, and Kyle is in my prayers,

Shruti