Monday, November 30, 2009

Update on Kyle

Hi everyone, this is Kate's friend Carissa. She just wanted me to update you all and tell you that he is still in surgery (as of 5 pm EST) but things are looking good. They don't know a lot of details yet, but they definitely found intestinal issues and were able to fix them. They are now taking out his PICC line and putting a new central line in for him. They were also able to take a liver biopsy and were told that compared to a lot of kids they see on TPN, his liver looked pretty good, so that is a blessing. They are told that Kyle himself is doing awesome - like we had any doubt! He is truly a fighter.

Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers and they finish up the surgery and transfer him to the ICU. I know Kate, Mark and the family truly appreciate it.
Kate will try to update when she can!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update..

I was wondering how things are..

you made a very nice template Carissa, you rock as always..

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for the update. I'm on pins and needles as I'm sure everyone is awaiting the next one.

Kyle and family are the toughest cookies I know!

Lauren