Monday, November 30, 2009

ICU

We are in ICU and settled in, as settled in as you can be in ICU. Kyle is doing well for what he's been through. His epidural is working very well and that is helping with his pain control. Poor kid has a total of 3 IV's, a central line, a GJ tube, a urine catheter and a bile bag hanging off of him and he's being amazing. He has been a little confused and quiet but that is also to be expected. He had some blood pressure issues during surgery but we are keeping a close eye on that and so far so good. He's pretty puffy and working hard to breathe but that should improve over the next few days. His surgeon is amazing and is very hopeful that this latest surgery should be very helpful for Kyle. His plans are to be aggressive with his gut and to start pump feeds this weekend, we will know at that point if this surgery was a success...

Thank you as always for the support and the kindness so many of you have shown our family and Kyle...

XO
Kate

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Kate,

I'm so thankful that things went so well. I can only imagine the journey of healing that you guys are on right now. Please know you are really truly never far from my thoughts.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I am glad that things went well, considering the serious surgery Kyle has gone through.
I am also happy that Kyle is being amazing, like I expected anything less! Good luck with the feeds, I hope the surgery was the answer to his digestion problems,
We will continue praying
Leigh, Tucker's Mom

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are moving in positive direction

my best wishes and prayers
s

Namma said...

Thanks for the update. I know there are tons of us waiting to hear how Kyle is doing. Will continue to keep your amazing little guy in thought and prayer.

Kate

Tisha Alexander said...

What an amazing little boy you have Kate! I will continue to pray for him and for you all...