Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 23

Kyle seems to have finally recovered from the line infection, his new line is working well in his chest and tomorrow it will be tunneled and transferred into a central line. He is still vomiting and having belly pain but sadly it seems this is how it's going to be for now. That in itself is hard to process for us....we haven't really come to terms with what all this means for Kyle. Coming into this surgery we were so hopeful....now we feel worse than before. These last few weeks have been so horribly painful...yet I'm not sure either Mark or I have had two minutes to really think and absorb them.

It's very hard to think about what's to come....

Please keep Kyle once again in your heart and minds tomorrow am he will once again have to go under and be on the vent for the 4th time in 3 weeks...

XO
Kate

10 comments:

Mel said...

You are all always in our hearts, minds and prayers! Home, sweet home! :-) Love you! and Kyle!

Mrs. Miller said...

Kate,
I am praying for Kyle all the time. He is such an amazing boy. I will be thinking and praying in the morning for his procedure. I hope he can get well enough to get home.

Erin

Heather said...

Love and prayers for your fighter boy and to you his brave momma.I am sad you are sad and so wish I had words.For now,just prayers.

Heather said...

Love and prayers for your fighter boy and to you his brave momma.I am sad you are sad and so wish I had words.For now,just prayers.

Lauren said...

Kate-

Just reading that is has been 23 days stopped me in my tracks. I wish I had words.

Kyle and your family are never far from our thoughts.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Kate - we are beyond sorry that your ordeal has languished on far too long! You all need & deserve not just a break, but plenty of healing and fun time.

We can be at the hospital in 5 mins; anytime, any reason.

Kiss all the kids & Mark for us.

Love you,
Pam & Doug, R&R (C&G)

Mary A Rackliff said...

Good Morning Kate,
23 days...way too long for your Little Kyle. I have never prayed so much for one family..I hope everyone's prayers are answered soon and Kyle gets to go home with his family, that's where All of you belong. Still thinking of you and praying every second of every day. Mary R.

MJ said...

What a long ordeal for your sweet boy and your family!

I keep all of you in my prayers -- Ky;e especially today.

V~ said...

I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family, especially for Kyle. God Bless you all. Sending you strength and good healthy vibes for Kyle.


* was led to your page thru a mutual friend's blog ~ Heidi, Mom to Jack.*

Amy said...

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you