Monday, June 14, 2010

quick update from icu

I don't have alot of time but I wanted to update quickly. Kyle's temp went way up again last night and he had increased pain so we were moved back to the ICU. Kyle was intubated and given a CT scan to check for any leaks or other possible issues in his bowels. His CT scan was clear which is great news. But his blood cultures were positive for a blood infection which is not good. We have pulled his PICC line and placed 2 periferal lines in his legs (over 20 sticks to get 2 lines) We are concerned that the fevers are still high but he's being closely watched. We will update later tonight. I haven't slept since Friday night so while he's comfortable I'm going to try to rest a little.

As always thank you for loving our Kyle.

Xo
Kate

11 comments:

Alison said...

Kate, please know we are praying for healing of the cause of the fever and for strength for you all. No words can really ease things, I know, but I will pray!

Unknown said...

Kate, I was so praying to hear that Kyle had come home this weekend. I'm so sorry to hear of his turn of events and that he's back in SCU, but we know it is where he needs to be right now. I'm praying his antibiotics kick in and relive his fever and pain. I'm also praying for rest for you both.
Elaine

Shari said...

Oh Kate! I am so sorry! I am praying for your little guy! :(

MJ said...

I am praying for Kyle and for you.

www.TheMiraclethatisourPinkPeanut.blogspot.com said...

You can hear in your writing how exhausted you are. I so wish this was all over for you all. Your little Kyle can be healed and go home to play with his *kids*. I know he needs that right now and I'm sure you need it even more. I am of course always praying for you all. Not an hour goes by when your not on my mind. Hang in there Kate..a little longer and hopefully they will find answers. <3 you!

xoxoxo
Jessica

Lauren said...

xoxoxo,

Lauren

Mrs. Miller said...

I am so sorry. I pray for peace and healing for Kyle, you and the rest of the family.

Erin

Amy said...

I hope you are able to get the rest that you need, Kate.

Been thinking of Kyle and your family all day...

Debbie said...

Offering up my prayers for your family...

Jessica said...

Kate, I'm praying for Kyle, and the fast resolution of his blood infection!!!

Anonymous said...

Kate:

Our prayers are still with you Kyle & the whole family. You are in our heart specially the sweet little hero Kyle.

I pray that he is soon out this & is able to play & be with his family at home.

Love you

XOXO

Patty