Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Very long night/day

Kyle is holding strong. We have had a rough day but that is not unexpected the day after a major abdominal surgery. While the epidural has been providing him with great pain control it's producing a very nasty itching side effect. Even after trying numerous medications to try to stop the itching it's only increased. It's very hard to watch and we've already seen him itch one IV out. Kyle is extremely pale and quiet but again, he had major surgery yesterday so we were prepared for this. He continues to amaze us and show us how strong he really is. I can't count how many times I have thought, wow I couldn't be more proud of him....yet everyday I feel more and more proud. His strength is inspiring.

I will update later tonight.

K

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thinking of you and checking in daily.Praying for a smooth,uneventful recovery and quick ticket out of there.Continue to look to your incredible boy,for all the strength you need for this journey.

Beth Gagnon said...

I think you're all being incredibly strong! We're still praying for you. Jack's doing great at school, so no worries there!

Jessica said...

I know the first few days after surgery anre incredibly time-consuming and draining- but if you find you need a break you are welcome to come by and visit us on 9 East- rm 32. I'm praying Kyle improves and the itching stops. Who was his surgeon?

Jessica

The Phamily Matriarch said...

I hope and pray the itching goes away and he's able to recover without any further incidents. I so love that sweet boy, and can't wait to hear that he's doing well and heading home.

The Haynes Phamily sure loves The St. Clair Family!