Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy

8 years ago when I became a Mom I read all the books...searched the Internet....asked tons of questions. I was so ready for a baby. The first year had it's ups and downs but Alex was a perfect baby. (she was and I'm not just saying this because she is mine a text book perfect baby! Although trust me, she's making up for lost time now) After all the reading and the questions and the Internet search I was not prepared for how the kids would make me feel. I don't think anything, anyone can prepare you for what happens when you become a Mom. I love Mother's Day...really I probably drive my family nuts in anticipation of it.....but it's not because I want a day all about me (;) although come on it rocks!)....Mother's Day makes me slow down, the normal day stops and I have time to really look at my kids, listen to them a little more, snuggle them more, love them even more. It's a day where I let everything else go and take the time to realize how incredible life is, how incredible it is to be their Mommy. What an honor.

Our life isn't easy, it seems to get harder and more crazy every week.....but I can't imagine life without these 3 beautiful babies. My heart aches when I think about what each one of them has been through, but they are strong, and loving, and kind. Amazing.

XO
Kate

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kate,
What a beautiful post. I agree, Mother's Day is the perfect time to just spend quiet time with our sweet little ones. We are so lucky to be their moms.
Your three kiddos are so lucky to have you as a mommy, Happy Mother's Day to you:)
Leigh

girlyhurley said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! You are such an amazing mommy!!!

Lori

Weerock said...

I love them all to pieces. And their mama. :)

XO
Denise

Amy said...

Beautiful post-hope you had a glorious day with your three little angels...

Anonymous said...

you all rock !!! love Merydeth's Mom

Lauren said...

Hrm... I wonder where they get it from! I love that you were able to have a wonderful Mother's Day that is so well deserved. Your kiddos are as lucky to have you as a mom as I know you feel lucky to have them!

Lauren

Heidi said...

Kate, how beautiful, so true. Im glad you had a wonderful day with your family. Your kids are so blessed, youre one amazing Ma-Ma!

HA, and you caught me! I dont know what time a day it is where youre at but its wayyy too early here. But I just had to get this up before I got behind! I really havent been very good with my blogging lately. (OH, and thanks for adding Jacks button :) it caught me by surprise! That was sweet.)
I think about you guys often, BIG hugs to all your sweet kiddos, and an extra squeeze for Kyle--
Heidi & Jack.