Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blogging for me...

Something is bugging me...and it shouldn't be. I have to say that I've been blogging for 4 years...for most of those four years I've blogged in a safe place, where people are alot like me, that place became my family, I made some of my best friends there, I meet some of the most strongest and amazing parents and children on this planet. I had found an organization that wanted to fight as strong and forceful as I did to prevent, educate and support families like mine. The March of Dimes http://www.marchofdimes.com is an amazing group of people, I really can't say enough good things about them. The provided a safe and welcoming site for me...maybe it was to safe. ;) A few days ago I got this comment in my comments section here..

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Here is the thing...it was posted anonymous...which makes me giggle...and when this comment was pointed out to me by one of my long term body guards ;) my first reaction was screw them...creativity and originality...seriously...this is our life. Hmm should I ask Kyle to come up with more issues to keep my readers interested...should we find another disease for him to have so that my creativity and originality can keep my readers coming back?! See I don't think it was posted to hurt me, or my writing skills, which come on...I already know they bite! After blogging for so long and never getting anything left on my blogs except love and support it took me a few days to process this. Again I don't think this was left to hurt me...it's not mean in any way, I think though that someone doesn't really get us or our family...I would like nothing better then to blog every day about the sweet silly things my 3 adorable children do. I want that, I crave that. But instead I blog usually on the fly after my heart and brain have been stomped on. There isn't much creativity left in my body at the end of our days. While Mark and I both try to keep our humor and wits about us..really after watching our little boy struggle and fight to survive after 5 years...well...I don't even know what to say.

I have lots to update later tonight but I'm waiting for another call back from one of Kyle's drs...then I'll update with the complete scoop...

xoxo
K

12 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

Kate... I have gotten a comment like that in the past. I think it is just someone who doesn't even read your blog, but left a comment. I could be wrong, but that is what my guess was since they never returned. I hope they don't in your case too.

I really appreciate your blog and keeping us updated with Kyle. My boys came to me yesterday and saw me reading your blog. I was telling them about Kyle and John, my middle son, says "Wow, he is a very cute boy."

Weerock said...

Oh man, Kate - when I read that comment...it put me over the edge. Seriously - did that person think you were writing this stuff as literature? Were these blogs meant to amuse us? Entertain?

I'm with you - this is YOUR life. Believe me, there is enough drama, turmoil, emotion...REAL LIFE stuff to last a lifetime.

You write from your heart, and that is what matters. You tell your story how you think and feel it needs to be told. That's why THIS blog is yours!

Huge hugs.
XOXO
Denise

p.s. I will now take the boxing gloves off. :)

Heather said...

I got that exact one the other day!!I just deleted.Didn't make sense.Didn't care.You shouldn't either.We love you and your blog and keeping up on precious Kyle and the rest of your beautiful family!

Lauren said...

Kate,

I also got some strange comments a few days ago, like Tisha, I think it's just someone who doesn't read blogs but just spams or something that requires them having waaaaay too much time on their hands.

Gonna be blog stalkin ya again today!!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

wow..all i can say is..you know it was not me...i have goofed up enough with your set of friends so i want everyone know loud and clear..it was not me!!

i hope you guys do not mind me checking your blogs...wow..i am kinda scared now..

it is vicious world out there...my new friend...yaya...we are great friends...yay!...ok she is going through this adoption thing due to infertility...she wrote a blog out of frustration and got attacked by several comments in one post...

she deleted that and went underground for weeks...her hubby and we, her bloggy friends had to coax her out...

life is yuck at times..

shruti

Missy said...

Wow Kate,

If only it were fiction! If only you were writting a best seller...WOW!!! In all of your free time, it seems you've been taking some writing classes!

In all seriousness... some people don't have the ability to "get it". I hope it was just spam. I can't imagine someone being that off base with their interpretation of your family's situation.

Big hugs, friend. We love your blog....

Missy

littlewonders said...

What sucked me in to your march of dimes blog four years ago was what keeps me wanting to read your blog today. It's open, honest, it can be sweet, funny or sad; but its your life.

Everyone should feel able to design their blog the way they like, and write about what they want. Maybe the person was impressed with the new layout? It's very cute :)

Hugs,
S

Anonymous said...

Kate, I will say it for you, screw them ! I like what your other supporters said, someone perhaps without a brain and certainly very little heart made that comment!

I love reading your blog, I usually end up in tears sometimes even tears of joy when Kyle came home this week !!

you go girl. I have been so inspired by you these last few weeks as we have gotten to know each other in person. You rock, you all inspire ,me.

this is an inside joke between our nurse and you and me .. BUT I migth even vacumm I am so inspired !! love you Merydeth's Mother.

Debbie said...

I haven't been blogging very long...because I feel one has to be very brave to expose those innermost feelings, struggles and emotions, and at the same time be willing to let strangers access it like an open book...for me, it scared me knowing people were getting a glimpse into what is the reality of my world...BUT........
I got brave because of bloggers like you....
because you were willing to go before me and share, and let me know I was not the only one out there with the sadness, the craziness, the overwhelming sense of being "alone" in all of this...

We get why you blog, We love your blog, your family, your precious son...in some sense we "bloggers" know your struggles better than anyone else who knows you!

So.....whether this was a real reader or not....it really doesn't matter....what matters is the love, support,prayers,
and heart-connections........
....you give.....
and receive because your were/are one of the brave ones!

Shari said...

I think you are right. The commenter doesn't know what goes on in your life day in and day out. I don't read most blogs for 'human interest' and for me, but for the blog's author and anything encouragement they might need. Or prayers. Thank you for posting this. It was thought provoking for me.

Anonymous said...

guess what? my akismet folder( spam folder) also had the same comment..

it caught more details..incase you want to complain or tell her what you think.....

Submitted on 2010/01/03 at 7:29am
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Reseller Hosting
blogshoster.com
britnifreeman1@gmail.com
190.144.127.202

Julie said...

Kate, I can say without a doubt that it was spam. I got the same comment on my picture blog and it was just a picture so...
My wordpress stuff just deletes those automatically but I'm sorry that one got through to you.

Love you lots!