Thursday, January 14, 2010

School

Kyle went to school yesterday, oh I wish I could describe how excited and happy he was., he had his backpack on 45 minutes before we had to leave, he was so excited. The best thing for him was that all the kids remembered him and welcomed him back so warmly. His teacher rocks and he gave her a big hug when he walked in. Lucky for him he got to go again today(no school tomorrow so they had a make up day today!)
I came home and got a phone call from the school where Kyle will be attending kindergarten next year..the more I talked to them and filled them in on Kyle the quieter they got...really I guess the more I talked the more I felt sick to my stomach. At this point he attends pre-school with a nurse...(thank god for her) it's really the only way he could do it...(just got a text from her saying his belly hurts and she's not sure about making it thru the next 2 hours.) Clearly we can't send a nurse with him to K...and since we see no end in sight...ahhh I don't even know what to say. I'm anxious about our meeting tomorrow and it's starting to take a toll.

xoxo
K

6 comments:

Weerock said...

I am so happy Big had a good day at school! I love how much they love him - how could they not?

I hope tomorrow goes well for you. I can't even begin to imagine how stressed you must be. I will be sending the very best vibes your way.

XOXO
Denise

p.s. hairless dog worry

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, how unfair that you even have to worry about kindergarten. It should just be a given that every little kid gets to go to kindergarten.

I'm so glad that Kyle got through at least one day of preschool, though. It's a start.

I'm thinking of you all as you face your meeting tomorrow.

Tommie

Anonymous said...

Oh I have been looking for this update. I am so happy he has been able to go to school 2 days in a row. I hope his belly pain doesnt increase as the day wears on.

Kate, I dont know what to say about Kindergarten, like Tommie said it should just be a given but too many of us know different.

Thank you for the update and I am sending all the positive energy I can to you for your meeting tomorrow.

Hugs,
Yolonda

Lauren said...

I'm so glad yesterday was wonderful for Kyle! I hope today continues to be an alright day for him. So precious him being so excited about school!

And seriously, if a nurse with him is what it takes for him to be safe in Kindergarten, then by all means he can have a nurse with him in Kindergarten!!

Thinking about you guys always, especially as tomorrow approaches.

Much love,
Lauren

The Phamily Matriarch said...

There's no reason he couldn't have a nurse with him in Kindergarten. This is something that the school should work out for y'all. Tell them, "Don't make me have to get my Asian mafia, special educator friend come up here!" They won't know what hit them!!!

Love y'all!
J

Heather said...

So happy the day went well and I know you will work out the rest.You always do.Cuz that's what momma's do.

Love and prayers from California