Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where to start.

I don't know where to start, my brain is cloudy and I feel angry. Yesterday we found out that Kyle's cortisol levels in his body were non-existent...normal levels would be around 12-18...he had none that could be detected in his blood. Cortisol is a corticosteroid hormone or glucocorticoid produced by the adrenal cortex, that is part of the adrenal gland. Why his body is no longer producing this we do not know. They caught it because his blood pressures were dropping and they ran a series of tests to help determine why. Thank god they caught he could have died from not having any in his body. They are at this point giving him cortisol and stress steroids to help his body start making more of this cortisol. The problem is we don't know yet why his body stopped making it...the labs were drawn and have to be sent to the Mayo clinic, we won't know for another week. On top of that the twitching has not stopped nor has his belly pain. He will get an EEG tomorrow morning and also an MRI at some point in the next two days to look at his adrenal gland and his brain...

He's exhausted, in pain, and wants to go home. We are no further closer to finding out what is going on with his belly then we were a week ago...

I will update tomorrow when we know more..

xox
K

11 comments:

Weerock said...

I pray that this year - this year will be the year it all comes together for Kyle and your sweet family. You guys are never far from my thoughts. I hope and pray that you find answers soon.

XOXO
D

Can't help myself...it's the hairless dog thing. :)

Shari said...

Oh Kate! I have been praying for your family and Kyle! My youngest son doesn't produce any cortisol and it's called Cushings Syndrome. I hope they figure it out soon.

Anonymous said...

Kate, we prayed for Kyle today at chruch. there must be an answer for this dear sweet sweet little boy.
love you all, Merydeth's MOM

Heather said...

Kate, I still hold the belief that 2010 will be Kyle's year. I am sending you tons of love and strength. I love you every day. xoxoxox

Heather said...

Sending you much love and many prayers Kate.

Lauren said...

Sending love your way.


xoxo,
L

Jessica said...

Kyle is in my thoughts and prayers...hoping for answers and relief for Kyle. Thinking of you.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry- what a tough ride this last week has been. I can tell that your every last nerve is fraying and I can see why. I am praying for some peace and reason to renew hope and faith. In Jesus' name. It makes me so sad to see you and your precious boy hurting so much. :( Thank you for thinking of us as well.

Jessica

Unknown said...

Thinking about you guys. Love you all so much.

Kara

littlewonders said...

Hugs.

Shonda

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I have been reading all of your posts, Kyle and your family are never far from our thoughts.
I also hope that 2010 is your family's year.
Leigh