Yah, that was me this morning when the CNA came in at 6 am to take Kyle's vital signs. I would like to state for the record a few things before you judge me...
- Kyle is hooked up to a cardiac and oxygen saturation monitor 24 hours a day
- I had just gotten him back to sleep after he was stuck for a sugar check
- He was woken up 5 times in the middle of the night for numerous reason, including our infant roommate crying on and off all night. His IV ringing off 4 or 5 times (I lost count) and the surgical team coming in at 5 am to check his incision site.
- She came in flipped on a light and just assumed waking him up was a good idea
- All to get a temperature check (I am at this point laying in bed with him because he flipped out the last time they woke him up because he was exhausted!) So I would know if his temp was high.
I will say it was not one of my brighter moments....but at his point I'm tired, he's tired, we are sad, miss our kids, miss our home...jeez I think we even miss the dog! ;)
Looks like we will start feeds today into his belly....makes me nervous and a little sick to my stomach! I'll update later...in the meantime I swear to behave myself today!