Monday, March 1, 2010

One step at a time

So we had to pull Kyle's g/j tube on Friday and insert a g tube...his pain level was to high and since his pain was so bad we had to stop feeds anyway. The only issue has been getting his meds into him, we have seen a change with his lungs which is not good...my guess is that since we are having to use his stomach it's irritating his lungs. We have seen this before but it's a little more concerning since he will be put under at least 5 times next week and we need him at his best. I hated pulling the j tube...felt like defeat. But we couldn't control the pain and I knew it was the tube. Why he can't hold on to a j tube we don't know. But that's something I hope we can get addressed next week...yah Columbus next week...I'm beyond anxious. I hate what he'll be put through..but we have no other choice. We need the testing, we need to know what we are dealing with. He can't wait to go, sweet boy keeps telling people that he's "going to Columbus to fix his belly" gosh I hope so. The plans are slowly coming together, still waiting for flight confirmations and some last minute details but we should be all set by tomorrow.

XO
Kate

5 comments:

Shari said...

Oh Kate! I can only imagine the anxiousness for you and Kyle! Poor babe and Momma, too! I am keeping him in my prayers and thoughts. I hope they can find a way to fix his tummy.

Lauren said...

Oh gosh Kate, Kyle is such a sweet heart! The eternal hope in his words brought immediate tears to my eyes. Such an amazing boy which is no surprise being raised by such an amazing family.

Sending lots of love your way and I echo the hope in Kyle's words!

Lauren

Amy said...

Yes Kyle! I am praying that Columbus holds everything that Kyle needs. Hoping all of your trip planning comes together with no problems.

Amy said...

Yes Kyle! I am praying that Columbus holds everything that Kyle needs. Hoping all of your trip planning comes together with no problems.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.